What you need (Mint version):
- 1 boiled flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal and 3 tbs water boiled for 1 min, stir, let cool)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance buttery spread
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of vegan buttermilk (Almond milk with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tsp stevia
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- devil's fudge mix.
- Vegan Chocolate Chips (1/2 bag)
- 10 drops Peppermint extract
Preheat oven to 350 F. I used 2- 8 inch round pans for this cake. Mix together in the above order in a large bowl. Cut out 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of the bottom of the pan and grease the sides with Earth balance buttery spread or coconut oil. Bake for 30- 40 min. Until toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing:
-1 stick of Earth Balance Buttery Spread (You can buy them in sticks, perfect for baking)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 3 tbsp stevia
- 5 drops peppermint extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder (optional)
I put the green icing in the middle and also did the Arbonne logo with green. I used an icing tube to do little dots and then later filled them in with the chocolate! I also spread the icing around the sides of the cake in green. It looked great for my first VEGAN/ Gluten free cake!! It was a major hit!