- I can of Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of frozen organic corn
- 1 can of organic beans (you can choose 1, 2 or 3 types- pinto, black, kidney etc.)
- 1 package of organic tofu *optional
- 1-2 jalapeño pepper *How hot you like it?
- 1/4 cup of chili powder
- 2 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Guacamole to top *Optional
- handful of Parsley chopped *Optional for garnish
- Prepare beans by rinsing and soaking in clean water for a few hours before.
- In a large pot, line bottom with water and bring to a boil. Add chopped onions and garlic . Cook until clear. Add all Peppers. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add Zucchini and mushrooms. Add more water so that nothing is sticking to the bottom (continuously). Cook another 5 minutes. Add all spices and tomatoes. Keep stirring.
- Add beans (drained from water) and corn. Mix in and cook for another 5 minutes.
- I fried the tofu into a scramble before hand with some more spices (same spices). If you want the tofu a little more crispy and cooked, then I recommend doing this first! Use water or a tiny drop of olive oil to cook it. Once you like it, add it into the pot!
You can let it simmer on a lower heat if you want it thicker. Everything should be well cooked and have a lot of flavour. Add more if you need it! :D
Top with guacamole and some chopped parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!